Youngest ever Microsoft Certified Professional who died recently at the age of 16 ?
Arfa Karim Randhawa
Who are now allowed to invest in Indian stock market directly?
QFI’s – Qualified foreign investors
How much of share can a QFI company and QFI’s put together hold a stake in Indian companies?
5% and 10%
Which two countries have strengthened business ties to start trading electricity and petroleum products?
India and Pakistan
Which country test launched first 3D television broadcast?
Where the 5-day 99th Indian Science Congress science event is is set to start on 3rd January 2012?
Kalinga Institute of industrial Technology, Bhuvaneshwar, Orrisa
What bank account facility is set to be launched in India?
Bank Number Portability
Where in India is Literary Festival 2012 is scheduled to be held?
What is the concept introduced by Indian Postal Department (Bihar Postal Circle) to get a personalized stamp with photograph on it?
Who has been considered for first Gates Innovation Award?
Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar
Name the interactive presentation tool launched by HP in India.
Where the national and international theater festival, the Bharat Rang Mahotsav set to be held?
National School of Drama, Amritsar
Where is the world’s largest solar telescope set to be built?
Merak on Pangong Tso lake in the cold desert Ladakh region
Who won the FIFA men’s world player of the year 3rd time in a row?
Lionel Messi of Argentina
Which country’s Prime Minister is to be chief guest at Indian Republic Day 2012 parade?
Thailand Prime Minister, Yingluck Shinawatra
Which country has been ranked first on nuclear safety?
What has Kerala hospital introduced to diagnose small bowel bleeding sites, tumours and ulcers?
Wireless Capsule Endoscopy
When did India complete one polio-free year?
13th January 2012
Which service the Indian Government has planned to launch for farmers?
Interactive medium of spoken web service
Name India’s first woman journalist who died recently.
What fund has India planned to launch by July 2012?
$1 billion innovation fund
Which photo pioneer company filed bankruptcy recently?
Which auto-maker regained its title as the world’s top-selling automaker in 2011?
Which country is set to join European Union in 2013?
What rank does India hold to have a nuclear submarine?
What is the prevailing CRR as on 25th January 2012?
5.5%( now it is 4.75% as on 12.03.12)
Who won Grand slam title in men’s Australian Open 2012?
What rank does India hold as steel maker in 2011 as per World Steel Association?
What sum of capital has been approved to be infused in SBI and PNB?
Rs.7,900 crore and Rs.1,285 crore
- HyAlfa, is the world’s first hydrogen-powered three-wheeler. It has been developed under a joint project by the UN Industrial Development Organization (UNIDO), International Centre for Hydrogen Energy Technologies, Mahindra & Mahindra and IIT Delhi.
- The World Sanskrit Conference was held in New Delhi in January 2012.
- National Electorate Day is observed on January 25.
- National Girl Child Day is observed on January 24.
- The Union government has fixed the import duty on gold at 2 per cent of the value, instead of the earlier Rs 300 per 10 grams. Excise duty has been fixed at 1.5 per cent of the values, as against the fixed rate of Rs 200 per gram earlier. Silver will now attract import duty of 6 per cent, as against Rs 1,500 per kg earlier. Diamonds too will now attract an import duty of 2 per cent.
- According to the 2012 Environmental Performance Index, India is ranked a lowly 125th in addressing pollution control and natural resource management challenges. Switzerland has been ranked number one.
- On January 11, 2012, the Union government notified the rules allowing 100% foreign direct investment (FDI) in single-brand retail,Before this, 51% FDI was permitted in this segment.